Ben Furman: Kids’Skills for Professionals for self-study 3 cr
What is Kids’Skills?
Kids’Skills is a practical educational method to help children overcome behavioral and emotional difficulties. The tool consists of 15 steps and it is founded on the principles of solution-focused psychology.
The method was developed by Dr Ben Furman in Finland. Dr Furman is a psychiatrist and internationally renowned trainer of solution-focused therapy and coaching.
Kid'Skills for Professionals 3 cr
Kids’Skills Academy offers you online training to learn about the Kids'Skills method both in theory and in practice. This video-based online course is addressed to
- professionals in the field of childcare and education: teachers, kindergarten teachers, special education teachers, counsellors, headmasters, therapists, students etc.
- parents who are interested in creative parenting and possible collaboration with professionals applying Kids'Skills method
In this course you will learn
- The basics of the Kids’Skills method
- The 15 steps of Kids’Skills
- How to apply the method to help children overcome their problems and difficulties
What you get
- 51 lessons with videos and chat forum
- 6 learning diaries
- 1 quiz, 1 essay test
- 12 month access to all materials
Assessment of Kids'Skills Report 2 cr
After the online course you can apply the Kids'Skills method in practice and have your report assessed by Helsinki Brief Therapy Institute. Purchase the assessment here
The Assessment process
- Apply the Kids'Skills method with one child
- Then write a report about the process.
- Send the report to helena.lehtimaki at oppimaa.fi
- The report will be assessed by Helsinki Brief Therapy Institute / Dr Ben Furman
- Then you will receive a certificate for 5 credits
Finally, you can register as a certified Kids'Skills Coach here
What is Kids’Skills Academy?
Kids’Skills Academy is an online training platform maintained jointly by Oppimaa Ltd. and Helsinki Brief Therapy Institute. The Academy is dedicated to spreading information about the Kids’Skills method and other solution-focused methods used in working with families and children.
Contact: Helena Lehtimäki, Producer
helena.lehtimaki at oppimaa.fi Oppimaa Ltd, Helsinki, Finland
© Oppimaa Ltd & Helsinki Brief Therapy Institute Ltd
- The 15 steps
- How to get started
- Step 1. Converting problems into skills
- Step 1. ‘Skilling’ – finding the skill behind the problem
- Step 1. Learning to do the right thing
- Step1. We can all help to find a skill
- Step 1. A skill is not stopping something
- Step 1. When a child has multiple problems
- Step 2. Agreeing on the skill to learn
- Step 2. How to get the child interested in learning a skill
- Learning Diary 2
- Step 9. Defining the skill
- Step 9. Defining the skill together with the child
- Step 10. Going public
- Step 11. Practising the skill
- Step 11. Show me! A natural way for children to practice
- Step 11. Supporting the child
- Step 11. Triple praise
- Step 11. Praising through a third person
- Step 12. Reminding the child
- Learning Diary 4