Ben Furman: Kids’Skills for Parents (self-study)
Welcome to study Kids'Skills for Parents
with Dr Ben Furman
This course is aimed at parents, grandparents, teachers...
anyone who participates in raising children.
Dr Furman is a psychiatrist and internationally renowned trainer of solution-focused therapy and coaching. Together with his colleagues he has developed Kids’Skills, a method that helps children overcome problems by learning skills with the support of their family and friends.
In this course you will learn:
How to praise children?
How to get children to listen?
How to collaborate with other adults?
How to apply Kids'Skills?
How to find alternative to punishment?
What you get?
- 42 video lessons on parenting
- practical advice and exercises
- chat discussions on useful topics
- multiple choice quiz
- 12 month access to all materials
Your producer is Helena Lehtimäki
For any practical question, please, contact Helena via Contact Course Teacher. You find the link at the top of the page.
Kids’Skills for Parents is produced by Kids’Skills Academy in Finland
© Oppimaa Ltd & Helsinki Brief Therapy Institute Ltd
Ben Furman: Let's start!
- How to get children to listen?
- Whinge hand Free Preview
- Whinge hand – example
- Wish hand – contact finger
- Wish hand – the wish finger and the benefits finger
- Wish hand – the confidence finger and the agreement finger
- How to learn to use the wish hand rather than the whinge hand?
- Second homework assignment
- Introduction to adult collaboration
- How to jeopardize collaboration?
- A better way to speak with other adults
- Prevention: show your appreciation to other adults
- Raising children collectively
- A story about the importance of adult collaboration
- When your partner is not a master of collaboration
- Third homework assignment